Proviron Review: How Does it Actually Work?
Some steroids are known for their ability to help you bulk up, while others are more well-known for helping to cut down on fat. However, there is one steroid that is known for both its bulking and cutting abilities, Proviron. In this blog post, we will take a closer look at what Proviron is, how it works, and the benefits that you can expect from using it. We will also discuss some of the potential side effects of using Proviron, so you can make an informed decision about whether or not it is right for you. Keep reading to learn more!
What is Proviron?
Proviron, also known by its full name of Mesterolone, is a synthetic androgenic steroid that was originally developed in the late 1920s. It shares some similarities with other anabolic steroids such as testosterone and DHT (dihydrotestosterone). The primary function of all three of these compounds is to increase protein synthesis. The result is a significantly higher rate of muscle growth and an increased ability to recover from strenuous physical activity.
Proviron also shares some similarities with two other steroids – DHT and the progestin nandrolone – due to its effects on both testosterone levels and estrogen levels in the body. In particular, Proviron is known for its ability to reduce levels of estrogen, which can have a number of benefits.
- Strength gains: Proviron has the unique ability to increase strength without causing any significant weight gain or bloating. This means that you can expect to see an improvement in your strength while staying leaner than you typically would have with another steroid or even without using any supplements at all.
- Fat loss: Proviron is also known for its ability to help burn fat, which can be extremely beneficial if you are already lean and looking to get even leaner. This means that Proviron is a great steroid to consider taking during a cutting cycle if you have difficulty burning fat with other anabolic steroids.
- Maintaining muscle mass: Even though Proviron is known for helping to burn fat, it is not at all catabolic like many other anabolic steroids tend to be. In fact, Proviron can actually help preserve lean muscle tissue even while you are cutting, which means that you won’t lose any of the gains that you worked so hard for in the gym.
How does Proviron work?
The primary mechanism of action of Proviron is to inhibit aromatase, which is the process by which your body converts testosterone into estrogen. By inhibiting this conversion, Proviron helps to increase the amount of free testosterone in your body while simultaneously lowering estrogen levels. In addition to its effects on testosterone and estrogen levels, Proviron has also been shown to inhibit 5-alpha reductase, which is the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone into DHT.
The result of these three effects is that you will experience significant gains in muscle mass without experiencing any extra water retention or bloating. This makes Proviron a great choice for anyone who is looking to experience significant gains in lean muscle mass without having to worry about gyno or any of the other negative side effects that may be associated with other anabolic steroids.
Who can benefit from taking Proviron?
If you are hoping to experience significant gains in lean muscle mass, stimulate natural testosterone production, increase libido, and reduce estrogen levels in your body, then Proviron may be a great choice for you. Although it is typically taken by men, women can also take Proviron to achieve the same effects.
What are the positive effects of taking Proviron?
As we talked about previously, there are several benefits of taking Proviron that make it such an attractive steroid supplement:
- Increase in free testosterone levels: Since Proviron inhibits aromatase and 5-alpha reductase, it will increase the amount of “free” testosterone in your body because less total testosterone will be converted into estrogen or DHT. This means that you won’t experience any additional water retention, acne, or hair loss like you typically would with other anabolic steroids and you won’t experience any inhibition of your libido like you might with other DHT-derived steroids.
- Boost in muscle mass: Proviron is not a steroid that causes water retention or high levels of estrogen like we already mentioned, but it does have the ability to significantly boost muscle mass due to the fact that it binds to the androgen receptor in muscle cells. This increases protein synthesis, which in turn helps to increase muscle mass.
- Increase in strength: Just like with its ability to increase muscle mass, Proviron is also known for helping athletes improve their overall strength levels even without any significant water retention or bloating. Again, this is because of the fact that Proviron binds to the androgen receptor in a similar way that testosterone does. This helps athletes train harder and thus, gain more strength over time.
- Increase in red blood cell count: Proviron has also been shown to increase levels of erythropoietin (EPO), which is a hormone that is released by your kidneys when they sense that your blood oxygen levels are low. This hormone is what stimulates the bone marrow to produce more red blood cells, which in turn increases your body’s ability to transport oxygen and help you recover from strenuous workouts.
- Decrease in estrogen: Finally, one of the most well-known benefits of taking Proviron is its ability to significantly lower estrogen levels. This means that you won’t have to worry about experiencing any additional water retention, bloating, or gyno like you might with other anabolic steroids.
What are the side effects of taking Proviron?
Even though Proviron is a mild steroid and can be very beneficial for athletic performance and muscle growth, it does have a few potential negative side effects that you should know about. You can minimize these risks by using the lowest effective dose and following a cycle that is no longer than 4 weeks at a time with 30 days between cycles.
Here are some of the most common side effects of taking Proviron:
- Inhibition of natural testosterone production: In order to have a positive impact on testosterone levels in your body, you need to have a normal level of aromatase and 5-alpha reductase in your system. Proviron inhibits the activity of both of these enzymes, which slows down your body’s natural production of testosterone. This can cause some men to experience low libido and erectile dysfunction while on cycle.
- Limit use to no more than 4 weeks at a time: One common side effect that is associated with many anabolic steroids is the fact that they can shut down your body’s natural testosterone production after excessive use. Proviron should be limited to no more than 4-week cycles in order to avoid this negative consequence of steroid abuse.
- Increase water retention: Proviron is also notorious for increasing levels of subcutaneous water retention in the hands, feet, and face. This means that you may experience puffiness around your facial area, swollen fingers, and a bloated appearance overall. This side effect will decrease over time if you cycle off the drug properly after only 4 weeks at a time.
- Increase bad cholesterol levels: Unfortunately, there is also some evidence that Proviron can lead to an increase in low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, otherwise known as the “bad” cholesterol. This lipid particle plays a significant role in plaque formation within your arteries, which is one of the leading causes of heart attacks and strokes.
- Increase risk of tendon injury: One of the most concerning side effects associated with taking high doses of Proviron is the increased risk for tendon injury. This is especially true when you are involved in intense workouts, which will only increase the strain on your connective tissues. The use of other drugs that are designed to lower estrogen levels, such as Cytomel or Nolvadex, may also increase the risk of tendon injury.
- Increase blood pressure: Another common side effect that is associated with Proviron abuse is an increased risk of hypertension. This means that your blood pressure will be significantly elevated while you are taking higher doses of this anabolic steroid and can even increase the risk of serious cardiovascular complications. If you are taking other medications, such as high blood pressure medication or nitrates, your risk for hypertension will increase even more.
Conclusion: Does Proviron Fits Your Needs?
Proviron is a natural supplement that’s been very popular among men and women. This unique supplement doesn’t have any harsh side effects and it has been shown to be effective in treating various conditions including low libido, lack of energy and reduced sexual function. If you’re looking for a product that can help you get through your day or tackle your workouts, then Proviron might be the right choice for you.